[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

<< So iridium flares can be seen here aroud 4 hours before surise or 4 hours
after
 sunset.

 I think that the principal factor is the latitude because near the equator
the sun
 set almost
 perpendiculary to the horizon and Iridium flares could not be seen near
midnight.
 Here especially near solstice the sun set less perpendiculary to the horizon
than
 at your location Kevin and it is one important factor for observing Iridium
flares
 near midnight.

 Hope this information can help, but I am not an expert in satellites
observation. >>

So, have fun watching them.
I know what they look like so I won't have a problem telling the difference
between them and meteors. Which was the original thread anyway.

Kevin