[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: (IAAC) Re: Iridium flares

Paul Haworth <paulhaworth@hotmail.com> wrote:
>An organisation in the UK (and I am sure there is an equivalent in the
>US and other countries) is the Campaign for Dark Skies.  They have been
>pretty successful in dealing with local cases of bad light pollution in
>the UK and have certainly raised public awareness of the problem.  I
>wonder if they, or any other organisations might know the best way to
>approach the Iridium companies?
>Anyone interestes can find them on the Web at:
>        http://www.u-net.com/ph/cfds/

Thanks for the note, Paul! For those who have not heard of it, there is also a
US(?)-based organization called the "International Darksky Association" (IDA).
It may even be that UK's CDS is affiliated with the IDA?

Their Web site is:    http://www.darksky.org

Clear skies!
Lew