[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Daytime observation of meteors

I have been monitoring the fm 50-54 MHz and Broadcast TV channel 2 (54 to
60 MHz) to detect meteor scattering during daylight hours.  I have a simple
system that records the strength and duration of a scatter event by the use
of a light probe connected to a CBL and TI Graphing Calculator. I have not
tried to correlate this data with any other data as of yet.

I am interested in hearing if anyone has tried this and to what success.

                         \\\|///                       \\\|///
                       \\  ~ ~  //                   \\  ~ ~  //
                        ( \@ @/ )                     ( \@ @/ )

----------o00o-(_)-o00o-----------------o00o-(_)-o00o--------------
                  Richard M. Beldyk, PE            KC8DRQ & KC8IRZ
                    Assistant Professor             ATV 439.25MHz
                  Mechanical Engineering           Packet 146.01 MHz
                 Faculty Senate President         Simplex 145.750 MHz

                     rbeldyk@wsccdot edu       Repeater 147.315 MHz PL Tone 101.5
                      .ooo0   0ooo.                 .ooo0   0ooo.