[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: photographing the night sky

Richard writes->

>You expressed an interest in photographing the night sky. An ordinary SLR
>camera with a T setting, plus a sturdy tripod to mount the camera, is all
>that is required. Check astronomy magazines for the types of film to use,
>whether colour or black & white. The T setting is an important feature as
>it allows you to vary the exposure duration, which would be long for
>astronomical objects. A wide field of view is best for meteors. I hope you
>receive more replies to help you. There are some books on astrophotography
>too.

Don't  throw away your camera if it lacts the T setting. Most don't have
them now. But if the camera has b (bulb) setting and can use a cable
release, then they are just as useful for astrophotography.

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
pager #937-1048
note new area code for the SC Lowcountry!
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/