[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) viewing possibilities not far from NYC

<< In the event you do not know about the Sperry Observatory ,  wanted to let
 you know it's about a 30 min drive from NYC off the Garden State Pkwy and
 there are two telescopes, 10 in. and 26 in. available to the public Fri.
nites
 for viewing.  If we ever get another clear nite there are usually a few
 friendly folks outside with their smaller scopes focused on various things of
 interest also. Email me if you'd like more info. >>

I used to be Vice President at Sperry. The sky has deteoriated a lot in the 10
years I've been a member there. I run out to the NJAA Observatory in High
Bridge. A longer run for me but the skies are darker. Thanks.

Kevin