[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FWD Re: NOT off-topic: Consortium Wishes to Light Up Night Sky!?

------- Forwarded Message

To: Lew Gramer, netastrocatalog-announce, meteorobs, ams,
        imo-news, NELPAG, AAVSO
From: Peter Bealo <peterdot bealo@iis.varian.com>
Subject: Re: NOT off-topic: Consortium Wishes to Light Up Night Sky!?
Cc: Dan Green, ASTRO, atmob-list, nsaac
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:32:32 -0400

Lew and company:

If you don't like this scheme, perhaps you could each begin as I did,
e-mail your thoughts to the contact person for this program:

vladimir.syromyatnikov@rsce.nasa.ru

You can see my letter on sci.astro.amateur

Perhaps a petitiion drive through our elected officials and UN ambassador
should come next?!?!

Peter Bealo
ATMoB

At 03:23 PM 6/19/98 -0400, Lew Gramer wrote:
>The following excerpt is from the online pages of "New
>Scientist" magazine. Review their complete article at:
>http://www.newscientist.com/cgi-bin/pageserver.cgi?/ns/980620/nspacemirror.html
>
>     "London, Brussels, Seattle and Kiev will be
>     just some of the cities lit up from space in
>     November if an ambitious Russian experiment
>     goes to plan. A consortium of aerospace companies
>     intends to launch a giant mirror that will reflect
>     sunlight down to Earth, appearing up to **ten times
>     as bright as the full Moon**. [!]
> [snip]

Peter Bealo
Immediate past President, ATMs of Boston

------- End of Forwarded Message