[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Who is coming so far

Hi Kevin!!

> Kim, what I need to know is if there is an airport nearby? My wife, Debby, is
> under doctors bedrest ( or house arrest) :)   so she can't travel and she also

I hope it is nothing to serious, and all is well.   Give Debby our
best wishes for a speedy recovery.

> can't be left alone for long. If there was an airport nearby I could fly in
> for the day for some festivities and to meet everyone and then be able to head
> out late in the day.

Well, when I first looked into coming down, there were at least 3
airports that you could fly into, but still drive for 3-5 hours. One
is in  Pittsburg and you drive South. You could fly into
Dulles, in Washington and drive west, or fly into Charleston and
drive East.

I think it really depends on how long Debby can sit in a car to
drive. There may be other small airports around the area, but you may
have to check with a travel agent.  Upon looking at the maps there is
a small airport in Healing Springs, but you still need to drive up to
Greenbank

Hope that this helps.

Kim

> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28N 76.29.45W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH