[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) new minor shower in July ?

My friend reminded me that there is a recent paper on meteor shower
appeared at SISSA astrophysics e-Print archive. I ftp-ed the paper,
and it seems that it is quite interested.

The paper is titled "Alpha Cygnids - a possible July minor meteor shower"
and is submitted to Astronomy and Astrophysics by Arkadiusz Olech,
Marcin Gajos and Michal Jurek of Warsaw University Observatory. The
abstract could be obtained from http://xxx.lanldot gov/abs/astro-ph/9807017,
and the gzip-ed PS file is at http://xxx.lanldot gov/ps/astro-ph/9807017
(about 452 KB!).

The shower is just in July with maximum near July 16-17, which is closed
to the expected maximum of meteors from the NEA 1997 BR (July 19), but
neither the velocity or the radiant is completely different. :(

Clear skies in July!

Jin
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-68392030 (H)
Chinese Academy of Sciences       |       +86-314-5053035 (Schmidt dome)
P. R. China                       | Fax : +86-10-62759888
email: zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn or jinzhu@sun.ihep.ac.cn
WWW Home Page: http://vega.bac.pkudot edu.cn/~zj
Pager: zhu@mail.263dot net.cn (only Sub. line) OR +86-10-64256688 PIN 82333