[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation July 4/5 1998

 Finally, the sky dried out a tad and we got a very little bit of
observation in after moonset on July 4/5 with an LM of 5.0  or slightly
better.  Saw very little meteor activity...only 5 sporadics to report
but 4 of them appeared to be from the neighborhood of  Pegasus so maybe
something is happening thereabouts.

To put it all in perspective, while we only saw 5 meteors, we observed 7
satellites (mostly spent rocket bodies) and 1 Iridium flare.  Not much
room left up there for meteors.

  DATE: July 4/5 1998                   BEGIN: 7:00 UT  END: 8:45 UT
  LOCATION: Long: -74.709 West; Lat: 39.415 North   Elevation: 3m
  City & State: Mays Landing NJ   USA
Observers:  Amy Shelton & Fred Mason

  PERIOD(UT)        FIELD   Teff        LM       SPO
  7:00 - 8:45            NE60d     1.5           5.0        5

  MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS:
                        +2  +3  +4  +5

  SHOWER

  SPO               1    2    1    0