[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) FWD: [August meteor query]

At 16:46 07/07/98 -0400, you wrote:

>As with previous queries, Lina is NOT a subscriber, so please place her
return
>address "shews@ixdot netcom.com" MANUALLY in your "Cc:" line if you reply!
>
>Lew Gramer
>owner-meteorobs@latrade.com

Hi!
The August meteor shower you mention in your message is none other than the
infamous Perseid meteor shower, which is popular with meteor observers and
the public alike. This shower has been of immense interest in the last
several years due to its parent comet being at perihelion in late-1992.
As with meteor observing in general, assuming Moon conditions are
favourable, the nights to see this at its maximum are Aug 11, 12 & 13. You
can watch the shower build from late-July and decline towards the end of
August.

Sincerely,

Richard, meteor observer, Wales, UK