[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: RIMRO

Lew,

In regard to the RIMRO in your post,

>Hi, Dr. Flescher - I've forwarded your ad to the 'meteorobs' list. BTW, I was
>VERY curious about the mention of the "Rhode Island Meteor Research
>Organization". As an avid amateur meteor observer (member of AMS, NAMN,
IMO), I
>have been somewhat at a loss to find others with an interest in serious meteor
>observing in New England.

this was a group affiliated with the AMS around the years 1964 to 1970
roughly.  Ed Turco was the leader, and there were around a dozen observers
for a few years.  They disappeared rather suddenly after a good amount of
observing had been accomplished.

We  will be hitting the road around 9 AM.  West Virginia is almost straight
north of here.  Am looking forward to crossing the stationary front in North
Carolina to reach the cooler side.  We go by Palatka FL first to see a
cousin and have an early dinner and short visit, then will probably go no
further than Kingsland GA, just over the FL line above Jacksonville.  Next
day plugging straight ahead, destination unknown.  I don't like to drive
more than about 12 hours max.  Reach WV sometime Sunday.

Norman