[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Cometary meteoroids landing on sea?

<<
 >I think it has three chances for this to occur...Slim, Fat and None.    :o)
 >George Zay

 I missed the original e-mail because my server has had problems getting and
 sending mail to meteorobs, but George is dead right on this speculation.
 There is really nothing to speculate about.There is paper and paper of
 calculations in the journals. This conetary material explodes in the
 atmosphere from the shock wave of entry long before reaching the ground, a
 la the Tunguska event in Siberia in the early part of this century.

You didn't miss it Terry. It was posted on the meteorite mailing list and I
responded before I realized it wasn't from the Meteor observers mailing list.
But I think enough was posted to get the jest?
George Zay