[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations July 14/15, 1998 ZAYGE

Last night I got in almost 3 hours of meteor plotting done. I started a little
after 9 pm and ended at Midnight: 20 Local time from my Descanso, Calif.
observatory. The skies were clear during the entire period with an estimated
LM of around 6.0...which is typical for my eyes. Activity wasn't too bad
considering the time of night that I was observing. I plotted 17 meteors in
all. The brightest was a -2 sporadic passing overhead. I think it might have
been captured in one of my two camera's? I hope so anyways? I was watching for
activity from several showers...namely the Sagittarids, July Pegasids, Piscis
Austrinids, S. Delta Aquarids, N. Delta Aquarids, Alpha Capricornids, and
Perseids. What I seen were: 2 SAG's, 1 NDA, 1 JPE, 1 Perseid, 1 CAP and 11
sporadics.

I think Bob Lunsford might have showed up after I left and observed the
remainder of the morning. I just wasn't in a mood to observe with a quarter
moon yet. Tonight I will tolerate the moon. I hope to do an all nighter then
get home for a couple hours of sleep before I take my teenage daughter to the
beach. She wants to show off her new bikini...groan! Short note for Bob
here...Bob, my inlaws got a new dog. I think it's retarded? The darn thing
barked without ceasing from the time it got dark until midnight. Then it
stopped all of a sudden. I think my father in law either brought it inside the
house or he strangled it? I Won't know until tonight when and if the stupid
mutt starts up again. See you up there if you make it.
George Zay