[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations July 15/16, 1998 ZAYGE

Observing from my Descanso, Calif. observatory, I did an all night meteor
observing run last night. The skies were clear despite a brush fire to the
south....the smoke did not drift my way. Meteor activity was very low both
prior to midnight and after midnight. Prior to the moon rising at about
midnight: 30 local time, I had an LM of around 6.0 with a Teff near 3 hours.
During this period I plotted only 14 meteors. Close to what I plotted the
previous night for the same period. After moonrise, I began again at 1h00am
local facing the north for another Teff of 3 hours. My average LM was probably
around 5.4 and I plotted 11 meteors under it. A real drag for after midnight
observing. I hate the moon. The brightest were two 0 magnitude meteors... one
a Perseid and the other a Capricornid. I plotted 4 SAG's, 2SDA's, 1 CAP, 1
JPE, 3 PER, 13 sporadics for a total of 24 meteors.

Now for the Beach...
George Zay