[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) British Columbia, Canada Fireball

>Radio this morning reported a fireball somewhere over British Columbia,
>Canada.  Report was sparce on real information, but I assume it was over
>some populated area, either Victoria or Vancouver.  Did this make the news
>anywhere else?  How about our Canadian observers?
>
>Gregg Lobdell
>gml@halcyon.com

        The British Columbia fireball was reported on July 14, at 17hr 43m
UT over the Cariboo area of B.C.  People in or near Prince George reported a
strong sonic boom two or three minutes after the passage of the fireball.
Unfortunately, the fireball cameras on Vancouver Island were clouded out.
Reports on this fireball are being collected by Dr. David Dodge of the
Pacific-Space Centre in Vancouver. Reports can be sent to
ddodge@pacific-space-centre.bcdot ca

Ed
Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       AMS Affiliate
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       MIAC Associate