[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Near hit?

I have joined this mailing list just so I can post this message.  I
was driving home Wednesday night and saw a very impressive meteor.  It
was 10:50pm 1 mile north of Oshkosh, WI.  I saw a brilliant meteor in
the ESE about 45deg up from the horizon.  It was whiteish blue and
large(by that I mean the apparent width of the trail) And neatest of all
I could see what looked like peripheral streaks forming as it broke up!
It was over very quickly but left quite an impression on me.  At first I
thought it was so brilliant and large because it was close(in the lower
atmosphere).  Maybe it was just a larger rock?  Any ideas?

  Erik Meitner