[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) new minor shower in July ?

> I just pulled this off a bulletin board on aol. Perhaps this could be the
> meteor shower that was talked about?
> George Zay

The Chinese believe that there could be a possible meteor shower on the
19th caused by the asteroid 1997 BR from approx. RA 12h Dec +65d.

 I have been trying to detect them via radio at 83.25 MHz but there's
seems to be some type of interference and I am not sure if it is
Sporadic-E, can't get a reply from anyone if it is or is not.

 I did pick out the following meteors today July 18th:

1000-1100 UT    7/hr
1100-1200       7
1200-1300      10
1300-1400       5
1400-1500       4

Contact Jin Zhu at zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn or jinzhu@sun.ihep.ac.cn
about the shower

Clear skies...
Michael Boschat ( Astronomer )    E-mail: andromed@atm.daldot ca
Atmospheric Sciences              Lab Phone: (902) 494-7060
Dept. of Oceanography             Fax: (902) 494-2885
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CANADA  B3H 4J1                     My ASTRONOMY Web Page:
                                http://www.atm.daldot ca/~andromed
Observing Chairman
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada - Halifax Center