[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) I'm back!!

Hi Everyone!!

Well, I am back in Canada after a very fun and exciting trip to
Greenbank to meet the meteor crew and the radio observatory and SARA
members.

Cathy and I pulled into Canada around 4:30 pm this afternoon and she
left my place around 6:30 pm. She should be home by now.

I had a great time, and it was wonderful meeting all those who
attended.

In attendance: Cathy Hall, Mark Davis, Lew Gramer, Peter Gural,
Harry Waldren , Norman & Joan Mcleod, Wayne Hally, and me.

I do have to say, that it cleared on Friday night, and we had a whole
night of observing. Cathy & Lew did meteor counts, I just sat back
and learned. It will take me awhile to get really comfortable to
observe with others, I am still at the clumsy stage.

I also wanted to let you know that it was not so hot with clouds most
of the time, but we were watching the clouds , when  a meteor came
through the clouds, exploded, it had a bow at the head of it. Then
within 30 seconds the sky cleared and it was clear.

Wayne, did you find about 6 sheets of plastic covered charts  stapled
together in your van? If so, could you send them to me.  Also , do
not forget about the maple candy, they may melt. I hope the concert
went well.

We left Lew, going off to highway 33, as we continued on 28 North.
Lew was heading to the Summer Star party in Mass.

I miss everyone already. It was really great to meet everyone and get
a chance to match faces with names.

Pete, we found a good home for the wine, its at my place : ), also
your chair is with Wayne.

Well, its off to bed, as there was not to much sleep in the last few
days.
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH