[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations July 24/25 ZAYGE

Last night I observed from my Descanso observatory for 6 hours under dark 6.0
skies. I plotted a total of 49 meteors. Activity still not very strong, but
it's working on it. I recorded 6 Perseids, 2 S. Iota Aquarids, 4 S. delta
Aquarids, 5 N. delta Aquarids, 2 alpha Capricornids, 2 Piscis Austrinids and
28 sporadics. The brightest was a very short -2 sporadic that might be a
Perseid. I have to take a look at my film when developed to make the
determination. I think I caught it? If not, it will stay as a sporadic despite
my suspicions that it might be a Perseid. It was close to the radiant, but I
thought I had a good look at it that indicated it wasn't traveling in the
right direction. Darn I hate those close one's near the radiant. I don't plan
on observing tonight. I got a couple family things in progress....namely My
inlaws 50th wedding anniversary shebang that I'm knee deep in arranging and
then my daughters birthday the following day. I have made arrangements to
observe monday night and tuesday night. I hope the weather holds up nice like
it's starting to return to after some clouds this past week.
George Zay