[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Questions

Kim,

1. You can make a note you saw these meteors before you officially
started observing. This reminds me of the 82 Lyrids. As I was driving
up to my observing site I saw perhaps 10 meteors. Now this was well
before I started my official watch but important information
regardless.

2. On any night including the night of the Perseid maximum I would
pick out stars on your chart that will be in your field of view near
magnitudes +1.0, +2.0, +3.0, +4.0, and +5.0. Use these stars as a
guide to estimating meteor magnitudes. No corrections will be
necessary if you use this method regardless of moonlight.

3. If it was slow then chances are it was a Alpha Capricornid which
has a diffuse radiant on the western borders of Capricornus and
Aquarius.

Hope this helps!

Bob