[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 27/28 observation

Hello,

I just got a unexpected clear night for July 27/28. It was solid
cloudy and raining all evening. I checked the sky at 1:00 local EDT
and it was completely clear!!

I observed from my backyard 2 hour teff under LM of only 5.6 at best.
It was humid and some low clouds appeared near the horizons. Not too
many meteors. Saw some Perseids, including a short -1, a few SDA and
1 NDA. I dont know how many SPO. The tape is not yet decoded.

The highlights were 2 parallel meteors at the same time in the
north-east that might be SDA activity and one very short 1degree
possible SDA that barely showed any motion. It did leave a tiny
wake so it was not a satellite.

My counts were definitely affected by the poor sky transparency.
It was a humid night with even few flash of lightning. The Milky Way
had trouble showing up. Hopefully, I'll go to my dark site tonight
if the weather is good.

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *