[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Tape recorders

>And I know the feeling about the tape recorder. I started to decode
>my tape recorder, and lost the last 15 mins of my observing. So this
>means under a teff hour for the other night.
>
>Kim

I have taken a habit of constantly putting the recorder near my ears
after every use to make sure I hear the little motor and wheels turn.
I'm very paranoid about the recorder failing just when I'm not aware.
It happened to me during my Perseids max of 1994 (!!) right when
meteors were increasing rapidly. The motor mysteriously stopped working
but the next day I realized it accidentaly went to "mute" mode. I now
have the mute button permanently taped in position so I dont accidentaly
switch it on again!

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *