[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteors, Rain and Wrecks

<< Every one of the national,
 and especially the state parks in Massachusetts, seem to close at dusk for
 fear of a lawsuit by some drunk running off the road in the dark,
 especially during the snowy/icy winter. Makes me wonder what they do with
 the taxpayer's money during the winter. >>

A spot (light polluted but the best close by) we use closes an hour or so
after dark, but they have what's called a "Nature Study Permit" which allows
you in the park after hours. Once in, you can usually make friends with one of
the park police by showing him some stuff thru the scope. Thats what we did.
He comes by every so often to check on us (and even turns off his head
lights). Maybe some arrange like that can be made.

Kevin