[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations July 29/30

Hi George!!

>  1) For plotting I know that you plot the begin and end point, and he
>  wavy line for trains, however, has anyone ever drawn lines back and
>  taken them to the radiants to make sure that they belonged to the
>  radiants that you called them. I know that some people use the cord
>  or hand measurements to taked the meteor back in the sky to a
>  possible radiant, but has it ever been done on paper.<<
>
> Kim, if you are plotting you are suppose to use a ruler to line up with your
> drawn in meteors to see if they come relatively close to a radiant position of
> a shower or not. I do this with all my plots on paper.

Yes, I knew that you drew the lines with a ruler, I was just
wondering if the lines are drawn backwards to the edge of the page.
To see how many would converge at one point.

>  Kim>>2) Question can anyone please tell me that speed of North Delta
>  Aquarids. I have some meteors that could be classed as this, but
>  uncertain of the speed.<<
>
> The entry speed of the North Delta Aquarids is 42 km/s. I know you have a copy
> of my book. The various shower speeds is listed  on page 68.

Ok, thanks George, I will take a look. I would presume by 42 km/s
that it would be med fast.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH