[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 29/30 observation

Hello,

Got out last night (July 29/30) to observe for more than 5 hours at
my dark site. When I first left in the early evening, there was still
some persistent cumulus, even after sunset. They remained scattered
until about midnight and then disapeared.

Once again, I will only do a brief summary here until the tape is
decoded. Meteor rates were good but a few long periods seemed to
pass with no activity. I would occasionaly be surprised by a small
flurry of activity. My limiting magnitude was about 6.3. The most
notable activity came from the South Delta Aquarids and the Perseids.
A few meteors from the North Delta Aquarids, the South Iota Aquarids
and Alpha Cygnids were also seen. Surprisingly, no activity at all
from the ALPHA CAPRICORNIDS, despite a good elevated radiant.
Brightest meteors were a few -1, including some Perseids if I
recall right.

It was a good night, a bit windy at times but I'm glad I took the risk
of travelling over there despite threatening clouds. Looks like the
weather is looking good for tonight also...!

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *