[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Thanks for the answers

-----Original Message-----
>>Question: When all the plots are sent in, and who ever is the keeper
of the final copies, have they ever put these into a computer or
overlaid them, to see if different people seen the same meteor on the
same path and course?  Is there a way to scan them in and lay them on
top of one another?<<

Hi Kim,

Although the above is possible, I am not aware of anyone having done that.
Here in N. America Bob and George do a lot of simultaneous plotting out
there and I know the DMS folks do some together. But I have not heard of a
comparison being done.

Btw, there is more than one "keeper of the final copies." ;)

Most plots from here travel to Rainer Arlt (IMO) via me (NAMN) or Norman
McLeod (AMS radiant catalog) to Bob Lunsford (ALPO/IMO). Bob then adds his
own and ALPO's, and pushes them to a fork in the road...one road to Dr.
Meisel (AMS) in New York, the other to Rainer (Germany).

I believe I got all the routing right! ;->>

Mark