[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ahhh... More Teff! :)

I'm just getting in from a lovely meteor-watching session out under the
grayish-brown skies of the ATMs Clubhouse in Westford, MA...

Teff (effective observing time) just over 3 hours, with 50 meteors observed
and about 43 of them plotted with accuracy 2 or better. Limiting Magnitude
for the night hovered between 6.4 and 6.9, with the sky just dark enough to
show zodiacal light, a hint of the zodiacal band, and about 2.5 degrees of
M31...

Best meteor of the night was a lovely pale blue -2 (possible) Perseid,
leaving a pearly 3 second train behind. No ANNOYING distractions the whole
session: just a coyote in the distance in the middle night, a couple of
hunting owls toward dawn, and a visit from Bob, the friendly MIT Security
Guard.

Hope each of you had similar enjoyment of this weekend's First Quarter
skies, and that everyone managed to catch a few Aquarids and early Perseids!

Tomorrow I'll try to post some IMO Reports to 'meteorobs' for this weekend,
for several nights during the Summer Star Party and Meteor Conference last
month, AND for the Lyrids(!) last April under pitch-black Long Key, FL
skies. :)

Clear skies and many meteors,
Lew Gramer
Medford, MA, USA