[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) August 1/2 observation

Hello,

Went out last night (August 1/2) for one more observation
at my dark sky location. I observed about 3 hours teff under
a mainly clear sky. A few thin clouds came over but did not
cause much problems for me.

I faced south-east and kept the moon away from my field of view
until it set. My meteor counts appeared to be down a bit. I somewhat
expected this with the moon getting brighter now. I did see some nice
Perseids of magnitude -1. Activity from the Aquarids and other
southern radiants was not as high.

When my eyes started to feel heavy before the last dark hour, I
decided to sleep it away in order to drive back home not too
tired.

If the clear weather continues tonight, I'll set up in my backyard
(or maybe at the old airport site ?) and use up the remaining moonless
window until dawn.

For now, its back to decoding all the data from the tapes.

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *