[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 07:31:14 -0400

Hi all;

Finally got a clear Canadian air mass slip down to Virginia this weekend
and I wasn't on travel or working! Observed for 3.5 hours out at the
local astronomy club's observing site in Bluemont Virginia with
magnitude 6.0 skies.  Our other site is usually used by the deep
sky/telescope people but for some reason they showed up at the Bluemont
site.  Very distracting to have eight people milling around continuously
with their red flashlights flicking on and off and they hung on till
dawn!  Next time I will have to be anti-social and observe away from the
commotion.  Nevertheless saw 56 meteors broken down as follows:  18
Perseids,  8 North Delta Aqu,  8 South Delta Aqu, 22 Spradics.  Did some
plotting but a bit rusty, definitely need to get out more to get back
the edge.

Pete Gural
pgural@trg1.saic.com