[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 1st Attempts at logging data, QUESTIONS

Hello all,

7/31-8/1,8/1-2,  I observed for about 6-7 Hr Teff on these two nights. I am
going to try and decode my tape after a few questions. It seems that the LM
is very subjective. Should you just count the obvious stars? What about the
ones you can see faintly in your peripheral vision?  I located Perseus,
Aquarius, and capricorn but not the actual RA/Decl points, If I traced the
path back to one of these constellations can I call it a member of one of
these showers? Or should I call everything but the persieds SPO's? (I had a
pretty good idea of where the PER radiant was.) I did not get magnitudes as
I need to do some more research to find some stars to compare against, are
my numbers seen  still of much value?  On 7/31-8/1 I began watching near
Altair and ended up in the square of pegasus as the stars rose, 8/1-8/2 I
started late and looked into Pegasus, were these good or bad choices? How
much does that effect my data? Any comments and or suggestions are welcome.

John N