[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Here I AM!

<<
 Now for a question: Back in 1942 I was on my back on the bottom of a fishing
 boat watching the sky when a meteor went past directly over my head.  It left
 streak which was wider than a full moon! It seemed to me that I could hear
its,
 "Swishsssuuugh!" sound.  I have wondered all these years if I really heard
it,
 or just "filled in" the sound with my imagination.  If anyone has any
thoughts
 on this, I'd like to hear them.

Jack,
I'm inclined to think that unless the meteor was big enough to knock your
socks off with sonic booms and all, you most likely "filled in" the sound with
your imagination.
George Zay