Date:          Thu, 06 Aug 1998 08:47:44 CDT
From:          Linda Porter <lindaporter@sslab.msfc.nasadot gov>
To:            express-delivery@sslab.msfc.nasadot gov
Subject:       NASA Science News: Weak Impact - the 1998 Perseid Meteor Shower

Weak Impact - the 1998 Perseid Meteor Shower

http://science.nasadot gov/newhome/headlines/ast05aug98_1.htm

On July 27th the Earth, on its year-long trip around the Sun, entered
the debris stream from periodic comet Swift-Tuttle. The result is the
annual meteor shower called "The Perseids," expected to peak on August
12th.  While nowhere near as devastating as the popular movies of
this summer, the Perseids often provide an equally spectacular show.
Learn more about how to view the Perseids from your backyard,  the
hazards of meteor impacts, and radio meteors.

	express-delivery-request@sslab.msfc.nasadot gov

     with just one word in the body of the message: "signoff"
     (don't put quotes around the word!)

Linda Porter
Code ES94
Data Systems Branch
NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center
Huntsville AL  35812

(256)544-7588
(256)544-7128 (fax)
linda.porter@msfc.nasadot gov

http://science.nasadot gov/

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH