[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Self-Introduction

>>>Hi there everyone!

My name is Jackie I come from England but
now live in California. I am just starting out and
I am finding this mailing list a great help and it
is learning` me a great deal.I recently bought
my first telescope, .but by what I read so far it is
better to watch showers with the naked eye` is
this correct?

Jackie<<<

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the meteorobs list....and California!

I am not sure if the statement "it is better to watch showers with the naked
eye" is correct or not. ;)  It depends on what you relate it to. Beginning
observers probably find it easier to observe meteors naked eye than
telescopically, and you will most likely see more, but telescopic observing
is also a worthwhile technique.

Btw, if you are interested in participating in regular meteor watches being
held in North America, you might be interested in the North American Meteor
Network. This is a large, internet-based amateur meteor group open to folks
with all levels of interest and experience. There are no membership fees to
join, just drop me a note at the address below to become a member.

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network
NAMN home page:
http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html