[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Short Intro

Hi List, (and Lew)
Greetings from Holbrook, AZ.  I am new here and have found your site
most interesting.  I have observed many showers (but never counted the
rates) since I was a kid and have always been extremely interested in
Astronomy.  I'm no Einstein, but have taken a few college courses on the
subject.

I recently was "bitten" by the bug with the news of the Casa Grande
fireball here in AZ in June.  That prompted me to go to our own
Strewnfield here in Holbrook and try to recover a meteorite.  I only
wish I had known about it years ago.  I never realized the tremendous
amount of people who had already been there in the last 86 years, but I
haven't given up yet.

The reason I signed up for this list (and the meteorite-central list as
well), is because I saw the best fireball of my life on July 15th of
this year.  After reporting it, I found that a co-worker and myself were
the only ones to see and report it.  I only wish he would have been 30
miles away from me at the time.  My goal in life: to observe a fall and
recover it...kind of like winning the lottery.

Thanks for letting me join in and I will continue to subscribe as this
is most informative.

Dave Andrews