[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Full Moon Observing

I thought I recalled you observing with Cathy at some point, George?

Or maybe you did, but somehow failed to notice she can often see meteors 60
degrees and more from her center of field! So think about it a sec: facing up
70 degrees, and she can see meteors out 60 degrees. That all adds up to 130
degrees, sports fans: in other words, an observer like Cathy would need to set
the umbrella a certain distance away - unless that observer wanted to note a
small obstruction of field for their entire session...

This illustrates why advice from even the MOST experienced observers always has
to be taken with a grain of salt: because what they know, they know from THEIR
perception (in this case, a fairly narrow perceptive field, I'm guessing). Your
perception, situation - and therefore techniques - may be slightly different.

No point in replying, by the way. Just making a point. ;>

Clear skies for all tonight!
Lew