[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations Aug 11/12

Hi!!

Well, I got up around 1:00 am an hour later than I wanted, but the
eyelids played king here.

It was a comfortable 14 degrees Celcius, with a slight Northwesterly
wind. I went back to the observatory and hide on the Northwest side
away from the moon.

My Centre field of view was Polaris, and I was facing north. There is
a tree line that takes 25 % of the view and some high cumulus clouds
that joined in the fun.  The area of the sky I was observing was
mixed with cloud, but cleared then the moon was clouded over, gee
thats to bad!!

I guess I was expected a high rate, but only seen about 15 persieds
and about 5 sporadics , these numbers are from memory, which faded
fast around 3:30 am.  That is when I called it a night. I took in
over 2 teff hours though.

I did however notice very bright meteors, some with trails which
lasted less than a second, like the ones Pierre described.One was
-3 but it was a sporadic.

It was quite enjoyable. It is suppose to be clear today and tonight,
so I will  be out again.

Thats all for now

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH