[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations Aug 11/12

Hi Kim:
We had terrible viewing conditions here with cloud, moon and light
reflecting ground fog so didn't attempt a serious observation session.
Maybe tonite.

We did however see a beautiful -3 sporadic (from Draco maybe?) before
midnite.  Long visible train, fast meteor but going towards Cassopeia
rather than away as we were expecting.  When did you see your -3
sporadic?  This one was very impressive here in muggy, cloudy, light
polluted South Jersey.

Fred Mason & Amy Shelton
Atlantic Community College
Mays Landing  New Jersey
capnjeep@worldnet.attdot net

Kim Hay wrote:

...snipped...
"I did however notice very bright meteors, some with trails which
lasted less than a second, like the ones Pierre described.One was
-3 but it was a sporadic."

...more snipped...