[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations Aug 11/12

   I went out to my favorite local spot in Greenbelt to observe the Perseids
and was somewhat disappointed by the lack of meteors. I did see 20 meteors
in 2 hours Teff, from 7:00 to 9:00 UT, with an average LM of only 4.2 magn.
However,  I expected more activity than I saw. Of the 20 meteors seen, 16 were
Perseids. There were a few nice ones though that made it worth it. Three -1
magnitude Perseids seen at 8:18, 8:40, and 8:58 UT, the last of which had a
nice yellow-green color and a three second train. Few of the Perseids had a
visible train due to the strong moonlight, haze, and light pollution, but it
was still fun to see a few nice ones.

GWG