[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations Aug 11/12 ZAYGE

Welp....had a clear night all night. The umbrella thingy worked great! But it
did get a little tricky during the last hour as the moon climbed higher. But
overall it worked great. I couldn't even see any of the umbrella at all unless
I forced my eyes upward and then I can barely notice it. I observed for about
7 hours Teff. Operated 2 guided cameras and may have caught a couple meteors?
Anyhow, the activity wasn't as great as I had hoped for. I recorded a total of
70 meteors with 48 being Perseids. I also noted 3 NDA, 1 NIA, 1 CAP, 1SDA, 2
KCG and 14 sporadics. The moon did seem to wash out a lot of the sky to me.
Prior to moon set I had an LM of 6.0 and afterwards it hanged around 5.2 to
5.3. With a bright moon, this is a typical LM for my eyes. The brightest were
a pair of -3 Perseids and a -2 perseid. All three appeared a deep orange to
me. I plan on being out there again tonight...I think the weather will be the
same? I hope so any how. Lunsford is camping with his family near Mt Palomar.
I presume he observed from there? The sky was probably clear where he was at
also. I will later send my completed report to Rainer, Peter and Juergen.
George Zay