[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Questions for 1992 Perseids

>Note that one factor which would prejudice any results last night was that
>morning observers in the Americas were several hours closer to the predicted
>"first" peak, at 14h or 15h UT (10am or 11am EDT) today.
>
>Clear skies(!)
>Lew

Hi Lew,

My early morning watch last night (11/12) produced a very normal, moon
affected
Perseid display. And this, even if we were approaching the 14h or 15h UT
peak.
I would like to compare this year's Perseids with 1992, as those 2 years
have
similar conditions.

Back in 1992, Perseids also battled a full moon. Yet the rates increased
quite
dramatically to about one Perseid a minute for my last dark hour. And
this was from my
suburban backyard (Ontario, CAN). I was then sure the "new" predicted
peak would hit
west in N. America. What puzzles me is that the "new peak" occured in
Asia instead,
if I'm correct?

Question: When was the exact time for the "new peak" in 1992?

Anyone else had success for the 1992 Perseids? And would like to share
observations
for comparaison? Was anyone else out watching especially from NA?

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *