[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Questions for 1992 Perseids

<<
 Anyone else had success for the 1992 Perseids? And would like to share
 observations
 for comparaison? Was anyone else out watching especially from NA?

Pierre,
I just dug out my Aug 11/12, 1992 meteor report for the Perseids. I remember
this night perfectly. I was on a family trip toYellowstone National Park,
Wyoming. I watched 2.5 hours from 7h35 to 10h14 UT from a gas station in the
park. It was the only place I felt comfortable enough to observe and keep an
eye out for grizzily bears. Anyhow, I recorded a total of 61 meteors during
this period with 51 being perseids during a full moon. My LM was 4.9.

Yesterday I just became aware of a renewed mountain lion problem near where I
observe. I guess about 3 miles away there is a mountain lion that is
apparently making it a habit of stalking hikers in the area. I haven't heard
or seen any in about a year or two...darn it. I haven't felt threatened in
recent years since they killed the last cat that was chasing folks. Oh
well....here kitty, kitty, kitty....   :o)
George Zay