[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Storms

>While we are aware of the potential threat to spacecraft through impact,
>what will be the effects on Earth-based radio communication, air traffic
>control, etc?  The shower in effects creates a highly reflective blanket in
>the upper atmosphere.  Surely ghosting and other strange effects are
>possible?  Will this be disruptive or potentially confusing and therefore
>hazardous... or will the effects be negligible.

I do not recall of hearing any adverse side effects as a result the last time
the Leonids visited us, save for the Trifids.  I remember reading somewhere
though that during the peak, a faint glow was noticed at the radiant.
Apparently this was caused by the sheer number of particles entering the
atmosphere.>

Follow-Ups: References: