[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation Aug. 12/13 98

> Subject:       (meteorobs) Observation Aug. 12/13 98

Hi Pierre!!

> Very good activity, especially in the late evening before the
> moon got too high and bright. Some fine meteors were seen including
> a bright -4 Perseid with a 10 second train! Overall, the rates appeared
> better than 11/12.

I have not decoded my tape either, but I observed from 1:24 am edt to
330 am edt.

I have a question about your Persied? Did it line up with Epsilon
Cass? If so, I seen the same one. I almost fell out of my chair
again, and I am sure I must have woke up some neighbours.

I seem to find that the activity increases around 3:00 am edt, 7:00
UT.

There were defenitely more Persieds on the 12/13 than the 11/12.  My
limiting magnitude was around 5.9 most of the time, defenitely better
than the night before which was 5.1 - 5.2.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH