[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bats

H George & Fred!!

> << ,  And 2 or 3 bats and one owl who glided right thru our field of view.
>  Anyone else have a problem with low flying bats?  They sure make
> concentration
>  difficult. >>
>
> I have an occasional bat flitter about me when I observe. I personally rather
> enjoy their company. They never really bother me. I realize they are just
> eating bugs and have hopes that they will nail that sucker that might be
> buzzing my head.

Here here George!!  Last night there were quite a few moving around.
With the errie light of the moon and being tucked behind the
observatory, as they swooped down in the sky ,  I had to shake my
head, I knew I seen something move. It was either a dark matter
meteor, or the Shadow's from B5. Then when they flew by again, I
realized what they were.  The one bat must have got the bug that was
bothering me, as it never returned.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH