[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hello everyone

Hi!
  Wow! Almost everyone seems to be having good experiences w/ observing the
Perseids this year. I watched them the year before last as my first meteor
shower observation...I didn't record anything, but I remembered it well enough
that I went out for about 2 hours the next year (last year) w/ a chart to
record on this time. I recorded about 50 in the 2 hr. period (w/ 30 min. worth
of break time) and saw many bright ones. This year I have been planning for
the Perseids for months. The only problem is, the weather doesn't seem to want
to cooperate. Maybe the clouds will finally part over NW Florida tonight....

The local astronomy club is also holding a picnic/meteor watch on friday
night. Can't wait to go (depending on the weather...).

Happy Stargazin',
    Julie