[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Question on Cloud!!

Kim asked:

>My question is, if there is high sirrus cloud coming in and it covers
>your area, intermitently, how do you judge the obsurity percentage,
>and how do you determine the thickness of the cloud, if in some
>places it is transparent?

Variable cloud cover percentage determination is sometimes tricky. This
is where meteor observing is as much an art as a science, because under
some conditions you can't access count regions; so a feel for magnitudes
(i.e. recalling the look of an areas transparency determined accurately
before) is important, and only experiance can teach you this. Anyway it
sometimes becomes a guestimate instead of an estimate.

GWG