[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Question on Cloud!!

Kim<<
 I just came in from calling it a night after only 40 mins. I saw
 quite a bit of activity in that time.<<

Unless it clouded up on you, you should have strived for at least an hours
worth of observing.

 >>My question is, if there is high sirrus cloud coming in and it covers
 your area, intermitently, how do you judge the obsurity percentage,
 and how do you determine the thickness of the cloud, if in some
 places it is transparent?<<

If the sky was uniformly covered with high thin sirrus clouds, don't worry
about determing an obstruction. Just make a star count for an LM and go on.

If the sky was intermittent, try turning to face another part of the sky that
is still clear if any. If not, make your best guess as to how much of the
useful sky there is in front of you. If the percentage of blockage is over
20%, take a break until the sky returns to 20% or better. Any blockage over
20% probably will not be used in IMO's data base.
George Zay