[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids 1998

Thanks for your summary, Masm! You selected a fine format for it.

Well, it looks like Masm had far more activity from PERs on Aug 11-12. I think
the final summary numbers for this year will make interesting reading! Can't
wait for the issues of IMO's "WGN" and the AMS "Meteor Trails" to come out
later this year with these data.

I myself FINALLY managed a couple of pre-moonrise hours last night with one
friend: low-level clouds have gone, but the haze was aweful. Still, I caught
perhaps 15 meteors for the session... As expected, few PERs, but a couple of
these were lovely, long and bright. Best was a -1.5 yellow PER, 3 second train.
And I saw activity from the Aquarid complex, gradually rising in the East.

A more complete report later... (I know, Mark, I know! ;>)

Clear skies,
Lew