[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weekly IRC Meteor Chat on Saturday!

Lew
     Talk City is a chat & bulletin board service that's in my WebTV &
also on the web at www.talkcity.com.  We are one of the many
"Communities" on Talk City.  Our system edits it better than on the web.
They are constantly editing out the sexually explicite rooms and boards,
faster, as compared to a computer based system which is a lot slower to
accomplish the same task, even though it seems impossible to do,
according to WebTV.  They close 1 down and 10 pop up.  I can open a room
at any time and set up what I or you can chat about.  The only problem
is we can't chat with PCs because we can not download the ICR from a
specific site.
    I lurk more than chat, in the rooms. The rate at which the messages
come across the screen is faster than I had anticipated. That is why I
prefer message boards and THIS listserv.  You can type in your answer
and edit it before it goes out.
     What do you think we can do?  I would like to know what will go on
but I don't expect anything because this is what I chose over computer
Internet.
     As I'm finishing up this letter, the movie "Contact" is over and I
still get chills every time I watch it, when it says, "For Carl", at the
end.
  "Billions and billions..."

Fred & Gail Weber
Clear skies & happy hunting