[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Questions for 1992 Perseids

>Pierre,
>	The IMO  reported (WGN Vol 21-4) that the 1992 New Peak occurred at solar
>long 139.50 +/- .04 with a ZHR of ~240. (IF I calculated this correctly
>that's about 2200 UT or 6PM on the 11th) The broad "normal"  peak was
>140.06 +/- 0.1 witha ZHR of 93. (again IF i calculated correctly, this
>would be approx 12UT on the 12th, or 8 AM our time.) Unfortunately, I don't
>have real good conversions handy for the Solar Longitude to UT conversions,
>so I have to try and find a source for that. So I would considrer my
>estimates suspect until confirmed.
> But the Solar longitude times are correct as reported.
>
>Wayne

Thanks Wayne!

I see that my activity on the 11/12 of 1992 was perhaps the broad
"normal" peak
approaching. With the high radiant and the moon sinking lower in the west
in the
predawn hours, this would indeed explain my increasing rates.

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *